Matt Conti’s Story
I grew up in New Jersey and played soccer from age 3 to 13. Then, my family moved to central Virginia. Our small town didn’t have soccer and I had to give it up until age 21 when I moved to Richmond, VA. I’ve been playing and coaching kids for nearly 20 years.
I started Second Half Soccer LLC in 2017 and haven’t looked back. Training kids to be better soccer players and, more importantly, better leaders, is my passion and purpose. I enjoy helping adults to learn and improve their game as well. My long-term goal is to travel and bring quality soccer training programs to rural areas where it’s currently lacking.
Values & Philosophy
- “It’s all about the Second Half.” A game is either won or lost in the second half. Be conditioned to play through the 96th minute.
- Through soccer, we can learn good sportsmanship, humble leadership, and create stronger family bonds.
- We encourage creativity on the field. Think outside the box.
- Let’s grow soccer in America!
- USSF Soccer ‘D’ License
- 15 years of youth coaching experience
- 30+ years as a soccer player. Indoor, Outdoor. Various leagues & clubs throughout Central and Southeast Virginia.
- Certified Insanity Instructor (group fitness)
- Experienced Personal Trainer
I’m happy to offer the following services to the soccer community and beyond:
- Individual & Group Training – speed & agility, conditioning, position training
- Pre-Season Soccer Camps for Teams
- Business Mentorship for Independent Sports Coaches